So my Hell Hike and Raft crew buddy, Adam, at Hiking the Trail tagged me in this Liebster Award thing. Apparently it’s been around for nearly a decade and the idea is to tag bloggers to learn more about them and their blogs. So here goes…
- Link the person who tagged you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person has asked you.
- Look for 11 Bloggers and nominate them.
- Come up with your own 11 question for your 11 nominees.
- Most favorite travel destination? In general, anywhere outdoors rules for me, particularly if I can be playing in the mountains.
- What is your best adventure story? No way I can pick a “best of” after all the amazing things I’ve had the privilege of experiencing. There are the adventures gone wrong stories as well as the ones that have gone really right and they’re all important to me in different ways. That would be like picking a favorite child… Plus, those tales a better told in person around the campfire. 😉
- What is one thing you never leave home without when going on an adventure/trip? Thinking beyond basic gear and safety necessities, I always take my iPhone. I know it sounds lame but it’s a very useful tool.
- What is the longest (time or distance) adventure you have completed? Last year’s cross-continent, car-camping insanity lasted 42 days…
- What is your blog about? It’s a hybrid of outdoor and educational travel related stuff. A lot centers around road-schooling and car-camping adventures with my boys, but as they get older, I get to highlight more solo adventures.
- What is your next scheduled adventure/trip? I’m currently 2 weeks into a 6-ish week car-camping trip across the western U.S. but after that the next big adventure is the Hell Hike and Raft.
- What is your favorite part about being in the outdoors? The freedom, the simplicity… yet there are endless possibilities.
- What is your most favorite spur of the moment adventure/trip? I live in close proximity to the North Georgia mountains which is home to some really fantastic Georgia State Parks as well as the Chattahoochee National Forest… anything in that area is ripe for the picking.
- What is your favorite outdoor-themed podcast? Eeek. I do listen to a lot of podcasts but none are outdoor-related. I usually have the minions with me so we listen to things like Stuff You Should Know, A Way With Words, and Car Talk.
- What is your favorite outdoor-themed book? I’m partial to the Sand County Almanac. In my mind, it’s a phenomenal piece of work.
- What advice do you give to anyone who wants to get outdoors more? It has to be a priority or you won’t succeed. A good way to light the fire is to join an outdoor group so you have friends to help push you out the door.
- Chasqui Mom
- Traveling Mel
- Mommy Loves Trees
- Campside Chef
- Only Dirt Roads
- Big Grey Rocks
- I Live to Travel
- Walk Simply
- A Hiking Fool
- Adventurous Moms
- Hiker Adventures
- Name your top three outdoor adventure activities.
- What is your favorite type of solo adventure?
- Who is your biggest supporter in your adventures?
- What’s your luxury item on an adventure?
- What’s your ideal ratio of urban to outdoor adventure?
- When did the adventure-bug bite you?
- What’s your favorite day-trip adventure?
- What type of travel companions do you like best i.e. solo, with friends, with family, with a group…?
- What’s the longest you’ve traveled non-stop?
- Would you ever consider going totally nomadic?
- How do you like to give back to your own community when you’re not out adventuring?
The 11 Bloggers:
My apologies if any of these fine folks have already been tagged… just humor me, ok?
11 New Questions:
Thanks to Adam for tagging me in the Liebster Award… that was fun. 🙂