Three weeks into the Pacific Northwest tour and I’ve collected Fred and George in Denver for Stage 2… the actual Pacific Northwest part.
What I’ve been up to…
- 1 final day in Great Sand Dunes: Hiked the amazing Mosca Pass and began dismantling camp. I found myself stalling a bit on the morning I left. It’s very hard for me to leave this place.
- 1/2 day drive from Great Sand Dunes to Denver, CO: I exited the dunes, made a brief stop in Pueblo for an oil change, and headed to Denver for a long overdue shower.
- 2 days in Denver: This was my rendezvous point with Fred and George. I even managed to have a quick breakfast with Katie Boue of The Morning Fresh before leaving town.
- 1/2 day drive to Dinosaur National Monument: A jaw-droppingly gorgeous drive to Jensen, UT.
- 2 days at Dinosaur National Monument: Now with Fred and George as travel-mates, we explored the offerings of Dinosaur as well as logged some geocaching smileys.
- 1 day in Salt Lake City: We exited Dinosaur and headed in to SLC for a night in a hotel to shower and regroup. This also involved a pit-stop at Goal Zero to handle some technical issues.
By the numbers…
- Total Days on the Road: 7 (21 total)
- Miles this Week: 930 (3,380 total)
- States this Week: 2 (CO, UT) for 12 total
- National Parks & Lands visited this week: 2 (Great Sand Dunes & Dinosaur National Monument)
- Instagrams: 31 (68 total)
- Time Zone Changes: 0 (5 total)
- Nights in Hotel: 3 (7 total)
- Nights Camping: 4 (14 total)
- Geocaches: 5
- Oil Changes: 1
- Continental Divide crossings: 1 (3 total)
Highlights in Instagrams…
Don’t forget to follow along on your favorite social media outlet…
And now for your moment of green…
The Pacific Northwest Tour (2014)
I’m a Goal Zero affiliate. Purchases made through Val in Real Life support my efforts here on the blog. And yes, I really do use their products… extensively as a matter of fact. 🙂