Today marks the end of the four weeks on the road in the Pacific Northwest tour and we’ve had some amazing fun between Salt Lake City and Portland.
What I’ve been up to…
- 1 day from Salt Lake City to Craters of the Moon: We exited SLC and plodded our way to Craters with several geocaching stops as well as a resupply run.
- 3 days at Craters of the Moon: A delightful, if overlooked, park. Stunning geology and scenery. We also took a side-trip to the Experimental Breeder Reactor Museum in Arco for George’s amusement.
- 2 days driving to Silver Falls State Park in Oregon: The stretch from Craters to Silver Falls was long and slow but our reward was a stunning park to set up camp and some fun geocaches along the way.
- 1 day in Portland: Our first true day exploring Oregon took us to Portland for an REI run, food trucks, and the Japanese Gardens.
By the numbers…
- Total Days on the Road: 7 (28 total)
- Miles this Week: 1,160 (4,540 total)
- States this Week: 3 (UT, ID, OR) for 14 total
- National Parks & Lands visited this week: 1 (Craters of the Moon) plus driving and geocaching through gobs of National Forest lands.
- State Parks visited: 1 (Silver Falls State Park in OR)
- Instagrams: 22 (90 total)
- Time Zone Changes: 1 (6 total)
- Nights in Hotel: 1 (8 total)
- Nights Camping: 6 (20 total)
- Geocaches: 11 (16 total)
- Oil Changes: 1
- Continental Divide crossings: 0 (3 total)
Highlights in Instagrams…
Don’t forget to follow along on your favorite social media outlet…
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Flickr | G+
And now for your moment of green…
The Pacific Northwest Tour (2014)