So I’m now at five weeks on the road in the Pacific Northwest tour and Fred and George have been with me for the last 18 days.
Our travel has changed as we’ve moved northward. Instead of holing up at a park and exploring in one spot, we’re now camping in one spot but heading out for day trips. It’s a pick yoru poison kind of situation… choosing between moving camp often or spending lots of time driving out from a central hub.
What I’ve been up to in the last week…
- 1 day in the Columbia Gorge: We did the obligatory water fall run through Multnomah and Horsetail as well as a look at the Bonneville Dam.
- 1 day at Silver Falls State Park: We spent the day mostly in the park and in the nearby town of Silverton.
- 1 day driving to Cannon Beach: We headed towards Cannon Beach and even scored our western-most geocache but with lackluster weather, we decided to keep moving northward towards Seattle instead of sticking around.
- 1 day driving to the Seattle area: We took the scenic route along the Olympic Peninsula to our hotel stop in Silverdale, Washington. I spent the evening drying out the tents and catching up on long-overdue laundry.
- 1 day in Olympic National Park: We ventured to the park for the day knowing we’d only get a glimpse of the diversity there. But even our short time along Hurricane Ridge was enough to know this place is astounding.
- 1 day moving to Deception Pass State Park: It took all freaking day to get out of Silverdale, resupply, grab the ferry, and set up camp.
- 1 day in the San Juan Islands: We ventured out to the San Juans for a little exploration and an orca watching outing.
By the numbers…
- Total Days on the Road: 7 (35 total)
- Miles this Week: 965 (5,505 total)
- States this Week: 2 (OR, WA) for 14 total
- National Parks & Lands visited this week: 3 (Olympic National Park, Olympic National Forest, San Juan National Monument).
- State Parks visited: 2 (Silver Falls in OR and Deception Pass in WA)
- Instagrams: 25 (115 total)
- Time Zone Changes: 1 (6 total)
- Nights in Hotel: 3 (11 total)
- Nights Camping: 4 (24 total)
- Geocaches: 6 (22 total)
- Oil Changes: 1
- Continental Divide crossings: 0 (3 total)
Highlights in Instagrams…
Don’t forget to follow along on your favorite social media outlet…