It’s now been six weeks on the road in the Pacific Northwest tour and we’ve finally made it to Canada… and started moving back eastward.
What I’ve been up to…
- 1 day exploring Seattle: We did a big day in the city and visited the Great Wheel, the Space Needle, the REI flagship store, the Pike Place Market… and the all-important Groundspeak Headquarters. What geocacher could resist?
- 2 low-key days at Deception Pass: We ramped down for a bit to offset the pace we’d been keeping. We explored the park, got Blubaru a much-needed oil change, and took some down-time around camp.
- 1 day to move to Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest: It took us the entire day to pack up and move camp only a couple of hours away but it was worth it for a fantastic campsite along Nooksack Creek.
- 1 day exploring Artist Point: We had the amazing pleasure of spending the day with Lee (AKA @onewhohikes) and Mike of Mike Off the Map.
- 2 days drive to Banff: We exited Washington after 10 days and finally headed into Canada. We overnighted in Revelstoke then geocached our way to Banff… which is a really good way to take a long time to get somewhere, by the way.
By the numbers…
- Total Days on the Road: 7 (42 total)
- Miles this Week: 915 (6,420 total)
- States this Week: 1 (WA) for 14 total
- Canadian Provinces: 2 (British Columbia, Alberta) for 2 total
- National Parks & Lands visited this week: 4 (Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Glacier National Park, Yoho National Park, Banff National Park)
- State Parks visited: 1 (Deception Pass, WA)
- Instagrams: 19 (134 total)
- Time Zone Changes: 1 (6 total)
- Nights in Hotel: 1 (12 total)
- Nights Camping: 6 (30 total)
- Geocaches: 11 (33 total)
- Oil Changes: 1 (2 total)
- Continental Divide crossings: 1 (4 total)
Highlights in Instagrams…
Don’t forget to follow along on your favorite social media outlet…