The Pacific Northwest Tour – Week 7
Week 7 of the Pacific Northwest tour marks the end of our journey this time around. I wish I could say it wasn’t mostly just driving but we did try to break it up. I fact, this ended up being our biggest week of geocaching as we used the sport to add life to our drive.
What I was up to up to…
- 1 day geocaching in Banff: We spent our only full day in Banff geocaching through off-and-on rain as well as mosquitoes. I kept the option of spending one more night but after so long on the road, our stamina for the weather was depleted.
- 5 days driving home: We packed up from Banff amidst the rain and bugs to start the long drive home, intending to still see what we could along the way. We did manage to take a lot of backroads to make the 2,600 miles somewhat palatable.
By the numbers…
- Total Days on the Road: 6 (48 total)
- Miles this Week: 2,595 (9,015 total)
- States this Week: 10 (ND, SD, MN, IA, NE, MO, IL, KY, TN, GA) for 22 total
- Canadian Provinces: 3 (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba) for 4 total
- National Parks & Lands visited this week: 4 (Banff National Park, Sheyenne National Grassland)
- Instagrams: 18 (152 total)
- Time Zone Changes: 2 (8 total)
- Nights in Hotel: 3 ( total)
- Nights Camping: 2 (22 total)
- Geocaches: 19 (52 total)
- Oil Changes: 0 (2 total)
- Continental Divide crossings: 0 (4 total)
Highlights in Instagrams…
Don’t forget to check out the action on your favorite social media outlet…